Nutrition, Flexible Dieting and IIFYM Dubai
Phil James – Flexible Dieting and IIFYM Coach Dubai
I am a highly qualified and experienced Flexible Dieting and IIFYM Coach based here in Dubai, and unlike many personal trainers in the UAE, possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field of food and nutrition.
My approach to tackling diet and nutrition is through a system known as ‘Flexible Dieting’ – a style of eating that follows a simple rule called “If It Fits Your Macros” (IIFYM). Combined with regular cardio protocol and strength training, flexible dieting is key to managing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What are Macros?
‘Macros’ is an abbrieviation for ‘macronutrients’ and these are the nutrients found in the food that we eat. Macros provide us with energy which is measured in calories or kilojoules, and if you decide to undertake a programme with me, macros are something that you will become very familiar with!
The benefits of flexible dieting:
- No restriction on food choices – You choose what to eat as long as it fits your daily caloric and macronutrient goals. That means ultimate liberation as you get to eat the foods YOU enjoy. Sounds too good to be true? Read on.
- No set meal frequency – You eat when it suits you and your lifestyle.
- Full accountability for your results and ability to adjust when progress stalls – because we know exactly what you are taking in, we know what to take out or amend to make further progress.
- Social advantage – You won’t be picked on for not having a cup-cake at a birthday party because you are “on a diet”.
- Flexibility – Cannot eat what you planned for because life happened? Well, you just eat something else, track it and continue making progress despite not sticking to a “meal plan”. Ate too much in the AM? Just adjust in the PM. But you know exactly what and how much to adjust, you are not punishing yourself just making calculated adjustments keeping you 100% on track.
- No cheat days/binging – This may sound like an disadvantage at first, but when you are not being held back from the foods you enjoy and can have them any time you are in the mood for it, the chances of binging are much lower. As long as you account for everything you put in your mouth, you aren’t cheating anyone and definitely not your diet.
- Getting to know you – Over time you will get a very good idea on what and how much you need to eat on a daily basis to lose/maintain or gain weight. This makes planning your food in advance much more efficient.
If you are looking to lose weight, tone up, improve your fitness or get back into shape after surgery, injury or having a baby, contact me – your flexible dieting and IIFYM coach in Dubai! Book a free consultation to see how flexible dieting could help you to achieve your personal goals for maintaining your fitness and physique.